PRIDE BOLTON 2023
**PLEASE NOTE THE PARADE ROUTE HAS CHANGED**
ROUTE AND LINK TO MAP BELOW
PARADE REGISTRATION & ROUTE
PROUDLY LEAD & SUPPORTED BY
PLEASE WATCH OUR PARADE SAFETY VIDEO
THE PARADE ROUTE MAP & LINK FOR YOUR PHONE IS BELOW
REGISTRATION FORM BELOW VIDEO
The parade route for 2023 has been improved making it more visible and fit for purpose. We've listened to your feedback and worked tirelessly to improve the parade route. It will no longer start from Queens Park.
We will now stand out proud and make our way through the heart ❤️ of Bolton that will help to raise the message of acceptance and reduce hate crime.
The new parade route and map and links are below the following text description of the new parade route.
The New Parade Route in text:
- 10:00am - Check-in (following your online registration below): -The Sward Building (University of Bolton) opposite The Chancellor's Building (see route below or use google maps.
This includes parade vehicles to wait on the adjacent car park. There will be signage on the day and road marshals will give you direction where to go.
- 10:45am - The parade will leave and proceed onto college way looking left towards McDonald's and proceeding towards it in the rolling road closure supported by road traffic marshals, Pride stewards and the security team to assist the parade. You just stay in your allocated group / position and do not allow gaps to form. Keep moving and do not stop.
- Derby Street / Trinity street - The parade will continue down Trinity street, past Sainsbury's on the right and Morrison's on the left, all the way past the train station up to Bradshaw gate.
- At Bradshaw Gate the parade will travel all the way down past Primark and up to Deansgate.
- The parade will continue down Deansgate. The vehicles will tear off to the right just after Wilko and the pedestrian's in parade will continue on down the pedestrianised Deansgate up to Market street.
- At Market Street the parade will continue up and turn right onto Hotel Street.
- The parade will reach it's end point to be welcomed into Victoria Square where the opening ceremony and entertainment will begin.
Remember - Keep in line, stay safe and plan your day - stay hydrated, wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the forecasted weather.
YOU MUST READ THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE AND THEN COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION APPLICATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
March with us in the Pride in Bolton Parade 2023
When: Saturday 29th July 2023 (Last weekend in July).
Is there a theme? It's 51 years of Pride and Pride Bolton's 8th year, so dress bold, be compelling and as colorful and as fabulous as you can!
How? See the Parade Route pictures below. (Photo and map view illustrated) and can be printed.
Is there a charge?
Commercial entity's - Yes. This includes commercial branded clothing and or a vehicle(s).
Private Citizens & LGBTQ+ - No - Not for private citizens marching in your own non-branded non commercial clothes or in your own private non branded vehicle.
Other entities (i.e. commercial and or brands etc - We require the minimum donation set out in the parade donation fee terms in order to assist us with the cost of delivering the overall festival and road closures etc. This is to ensure fairnes and consistency.
For safety reasons you must You must be registered and checked in on the day of the parade.
* Want your vehicle in the Parade? - Please contact us.
Register below and we will contact you with more details as required.
Interested in joining us?
YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR GROUP ON THE FORM BELOW
- Registration check: Arrive at the meeting point no later than 10:00am indicated on the map.
- Parade Stewards and Road safety Marshall's will be on-site to assist and provide instruction.
- You must have pre-registered online to take part.
- Participants will be instructed to form an orderly parade line.
- Your Registration details will be checked and you (or our group) will be allocated a parade position number in the parade line. Your place in the parade is strictly subject to allocation and cannot be chosen (for safety).
- Due to safety reasons non-registrants will not able to take part so please register below and share with you friends.
- After registration 10:45am the Parade line will be instructed to get ready to leave at approximately 11:00am and proceed along the parade route (map below).
- Please see the parade route below for clarity and a visual aid.
- The Parade takes approximately 60 minutes from beginning to end point.
- The Parade will end at Victoria Square at the Stage to enjoy the fantastic line up of entertainment and array of stalls. The serving of alcohol and entertainment will cease at 10:00ppm on Friday and Saturday evening. The official bar and after parties are all in Victoria Square this year and it's all FREE to attend and enjoy the nice weather outside. Victoria Square will close at 11pm on Friday / Saturday and 6pm on Sunday.
- All of those on the parade should be dressed appropriately for the forecasted weather and we suggest you bring bottled water to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe and loved on the Pride Bolton Parade. We will not tolerate any forms of hate speech.
- Please share with your friend and colleagues on Facebook.
- Have you watched the quick safety video above?
If you are uclear of have any questions please message us email@example.com or via FaceBook messenger.
See you at Pride Bolton 2022
SAFETY: DO NOT ALLOW GAPS TO FORM AND STAY IN LINE
Parade - Pride in Bolton 2023 Registration Application.
- vulnerable persons including children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18+
- Please be aware there may be uphill and uneven terrain so if you have health issues you must take reasonable precautions if you wish to take part
- Non-Registrants will not be able to take part.
- Please tick the box at the end of the form once you have read the information on this page and completed your registration.
- Thank you.
REGISTER FOR A STALL SEPARATELY NOT BELOW.
BELOW IS FOR PARADE REGISTRATION ONLY